Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Hot Springs

The weather was so nice last weekend, we decided to hike to the hot springs. The trail takes about an hour but it runs along the river and it's a pretty scenic route. There are five hot springs, all surrounding a water fall. The pools are actually really nice and clean! It's amazing how warm they were! The temperature is like a hot tub. It was so relaxing to sit in the pools and watch the river run by you. It's a great hike, not too strenuous but a good enough trail to feel you got a work out. We hit it in the morning which seemed to be the best time, it was less crowded, but we met some interesting people along the way.











Note: The area is kind of a hangout for hippies/granola's. Let me clarify... I meant nude hippies/granola's. In one pool there was a nude hippie covered in mud. Needless to say, nobody joined him.

Lesson: If you sit in a hot spring, naked and covered in mud, you'll have the pool all to yourself.

3 comments:

Talia Draper said...

Looks like you guys had fun! Where are the hot springs?

Jessica and Reece said...

Ha! You gotta love the naked crazies, contaminating the water for the rest of us. Also, I wish I looked that good in a two piece. If I put one on, people would mistake me for a beached whale :)

Travis Sadi and Taiya said...

That looks like so much fun!!! Are these the hot springs up Spanish Fork canyon? I swear I have tried finding them before but something always happened like the trail was closed or whatever!!! You will totally have to give me some real directions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...