Today was physical therapy day. I love my PT days because it's so relaxing, especially when I get my massage. The electrode-thing they do (I don't know what it's called but I love it) helps to loosen my neck muscles. Rocky Mountain is fantastic! The staff there is great and really nice.
So it's been two months since my accident and for the first time I feel I'm finally on the mend. For those who don't know, this is what happened...
I was in a bad car accident in November. I had just left work and turned onto 6th north. A truck had hit ice and had spun out, then hit the wall. When I reached him, his vehicle was facing traffic, blocking the lane. I hit ice and cruised into his truck. The damage wasn't too bad on either vehicle. My car had a dent in the bumper. It was a little bit scary. The guy came to see if I was OK. I opened my door and said, "I'm fine". That's when I got hit. A lady slammed into the back of my car. I was thrown out of the vehicle and onto the road. I don't how long I was out. When the lady hit me, my car hit another vehicle's bumper. The two guys (one from the truck and one from the other car) helped me up. The back of my head was pounding, my leg hurt. I had cut my leg but it wasn't bleeding.
It took about 30-40 minutes for the police to arrive. A tow truck came a couple hours later and hauled my car away. I went to the hospital that night for x-rays and to get checked out. The x-rays came back negative. I had a bone bruise on my leg, I was bruised from my ankle to my knee. It's was so hard to walk on it. I couldn't do anything for days. I had muscle spasms in my neck and bad whiplash.
The lady who hit me drove off. Just hit me and drove off. Her car must have substantial damage. My car was totaled. The entire back end was crunched. The two back doors don't open. It's beyond repair.
It could have much worse. The doctor reminded me I'm lucky the car didn't run over me. It's been painful and I've been very emotional the past two months.
But now, I'm recovering. And I'm so happy there's physical therapy. :)
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Physical Therapy
Posted by Brent and Anne at 11:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I had no idea you were in an accident. That is so scary! I am glad that you were some what okay and are healing well. I am glad that you love your Physical Therapy! Take it easy and get well!
Melissa
Wow... I had no idea! I'm so glad you are ok! I hope you feel better! I'm glad you are staying positive because if someone hit me and drove away I don't think I would be that positive! How scary! I'm glad you're o.k.!
I had no idea you had been in an accident either! Sounds awful and I'm glad you are starting to feel somewhat better. It's so frustrating when someone just drives off, they know they hit you and they don't even know if you are okay. Makes me mad thinking about it. Take it easy
That's terrifying. I am so glad that you are feeling better though. That would be so incredibly traumatic. I am back at work on the day shift! I am excited to see you!
I'm glad you're on the mend! I need a massage, speaking of physical therapy. I didn't know you had actually hit the pavement. No one tells me anything...and I'm family!
I'm glad you're alive though: ) We love you and miss you! And we hope your leg is becoming less painful and that you're able to walk now.
Loves!
Oh My! I was in a car accident in October so I completely understand the scary part! Only lucky for me no other cars were involved. My brother just fell asleep at the wheel. Anyway, what a blessing to walk away with only bruises! Things could have been much worse!I'm so glad that you are ok!
It is Feb. and I am just reading about this! We really need to talk more! I am glad that you are ok. That sounds so scary! I remember the accident you were in while we were going to Snow! You are one lucky girl to be alive! Take care and I'm glad you like your physical therapy.
Post a Comment